Monday, December 21, 2009

Not worth the risk

From Scott Maddox:


Over the past few weeks of the campaign, I have taken a strong stand against offshore oil drilling in Florida. It wasn’t an easy decision but it was the right one to make. That is why my campaign launched the petition, “No, Baby, No”, so that we could get Floridians from around the state to send a message that they will not stand for drilling off our coast. Here is what a few of you have said:
“No to oil drilling. As a 3rd Generation Floridian, I say leave the coast alone. We need different forms of energy. Don't ruin the Florida economy. It’s not worth the risk.”
- Michael from Tampa

“Spill, Baby, Spill. Let’s stop this disaster in the making.”
- Amy from Rockledge

“Drilling for oil off the coast of Florida is an abomination! We say no to offshore drilling.”
- Cheryl from Homosassa
These are just a few of the many comments we have received from Floridians concerned about the prospect of oil drilling. I’m so glad to have folks like you supporting my campaign. Many of you have contributed, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your support.

When it comes to near shore oil drilling, you and I both know it was the right direction to take, but there are still many Floridians who don't have all the facts. I will work tirelessly to inform voters about the perils of oil drilling, but I will need your help. Can you contribute $10, $15, $25 or any other amount to help us get the message out?

Our state needs sensible energy policies. I simply can't see a good reason to support allowing dangerous oil rigs within swimming distance of Florida's coastline. The proposition is all risk and no reward. Not only will it put our environment at great risk, it will put our economy in grave peril and could hamstring our state's budget for generations to come.

The debate over oil drilling should be about more than saving a few dollars at the gas pump each year. Instead, it should be about our environment, our way of life, and our economy here at home.

Help me say no to offshore oil drilling in Florida by joining me in the fight against it!

By giving us a contribution, you will be helping educate voters from across Florida about the perils of oil drilling. Whether it’s $10, $15, $25 or any other amount, you will be contributing to a campaign that will work to defend Florida. Help me say NO to offshore drilling:

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/entity/22866

Thank you so much for your support, now and always!

I wish each of you a happy and healthy holiday season!

Scott Maddox

PS: Have you signed our petition against oil drilling yet? Click here to do so!


Link: http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=2786945&msgid=146217&act=D729&c=565460&admin=0&destination=http://www.scottmaddox.com/no-baby-no/

No comments:

Post a Comment